I read this on another's blog (yes, I read your blog sometimes still... you may know who you are :] ). I'm bored, so here we go!
1. If you blog anonymously, are you happy doing this? If you aren’t anonymous, do you wish you started out anonymously, so that you could be anonymous now?
My blog is semi-anonymous. I don't give big details to who I am in real life, but I'm not ultra secretive either. I'm fine with it that way. I hate trying to keep in the dark completely; it feels like I did something wrong.
2. Describe an incident that shows your inner stubborn side?
Hmmm, that's a hard one. I would say I was far more stubborn when I was younger. I think when my husband and I would not budge on moving our wedding back because people thought the 3 week engagement was hasty and we were being stubborn. Why should we wait? We knew each other long enough, and we had a small wedding that only took a week to plan! :)
3. What do you see when you really look at yourself in the mirror?
A mom, a Muslim, a wife. Each day it is in a different order. Sometimes I notice my gray hair a lot and it dawns on me that I'm not in my youth anymore.
4. What is your favourite summer cold drink?
Ice. Cold. Water.
5. When you take time for yourself, what do you do?
Knit, which is a new hobby of mine. I used to love to read, but I haven't been going to pick up a book lately. I think the last few books I read for leisure were too basic and couldn't keep my attention so I need to go for books that have new information for me. I don't really like to read fiction; I feel like it is a waste of time. I also enjoy exercising; mainly yoga and pilates, but I do cardio because it is more effective (affective? whatever.). But honestly, I typically go on Facebook because I figure I don't have much time to get into anything deeper.
6. Is there something that you still want to accomplish in your life?
Mmm, yeah, I suppose. I do want at least one more child, inshaAllah. I want to raise them as devout Muslims that are not "of the world." If I died today though, I don't feel like I missed out on anything.
7. When you attended school, were you the class clown, the class overachiever, the shy person, or always ditching?
I was the overachiever that skipped class... go figure.
8. If you close your eyes and want to visualize a very poignant moment in your life, what would you see?
I'm not moved easily. What comes to mind first though is the birth of my second daughter. It was an all natural water birth, so the sensation of labor and delivery, and then the moment you meet your child and all the pain stops. It was beautiful. I wish I would have done it that way with my older daughter.
9. Is it easy for you to share your true self in your blog, or are you more comfortable writing posts about other people and events?
I'm not fake in any way, but there is a lot I don't share just in case some people read this blog, know who I am, and talk crap about me behind my back... or in front of my face, but not to me. No thanks, Facebook was enough.
10. If you had the choice to sit down and read a book or talk on the phone, which would you do and why ?
Depends. Sometimes I want to sit quietly alone, and other times I want to connect with others. It is 50/50