Thursday, May 20, 2010

Yay! Ultrasound!!

Alhamdulilah wa mashaAllah, we got an ultrasound done yesterday! I was a bit worried I was having twins which, yes, I know is a blessing, but it is SCARY also! I'm not a big person, and I just think that one at a time is enough for me, inshaAllah. Baby is healthy and mashaAllah, in perfect order. I feel so blessed. Now, as the first child born into Islam, I need to learn the sunnah acts for its birth such as saying the Athan (call to prayer) in the baby's ear, having an aqeeqah, etc. So much to learn, but it feels like we have a ton of time because this pregnancy is going sooooooooo slow! I'm so excited to raise a child from the time it is born into Islam, because switching gears when DD was 7 (when I converted to Islam) was jarring for both of us, and we are still getting adjusted to it (no bacon, please)! Top that off with she is with her dad's family, who doesn't like the idea of her ever being Muslim and puts pork on her plate for dinner.... let's just say it makes her life that much harder and I'm afraid of her living a double life because she's being pulled in two different directions.

We have four Bibles at home; a Revised Standard Version, King James, Catholic, and Jehovah's Witness. She is more than welcome to pick one, preferably the RSV just because from my knowledge it has the most accurate text of the four, and read it. She says she plans on finishing the Qur'an first (she is assigned 15 minutes of reading Qur'an each day per a lesson plan we have setup on Islamic studies) just so she doesn't get the texts mixed up in her brain. MashaAllah, I'm proud of her for making a plan, knowing what is best for her learning, and continuing with her education.

So yeah, fun times. I really look forward to educating both DD and coming baby in Islam... it's the teacher and student in me.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on a good ultrasound! When are you due?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The "new" due date is October 25th, which is only 5 days earlier than the original of October 30th. They probably won't officially change it, but it sounds good to me to shave off 5 days. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's my wedding anniversary. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. mashaAllah! ♥

    sis i know all about havung a non-muslim father for a child :( . and pork on the plate. that's what my older kids went through. alhamdulilah they're old enough now to make their own decisions and the girls already chose islam as the way of their lives! samuli is another story.. inshaAllah some day!

    May Allah guide us all..

    ps. you'll find a story about my big boy and some other stuff in my blog ;) you know how to find it :D

    ReplyDelete